View Single Post
Old 26 March 2019, 12:34 AM   #9
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Angelus, AP, Breit
Not sure how anyone can spot so many issues and identify a watch or watch parts fake with cell phone camera pics, but presuming folks who offer opinions usually know what they are talking about, and guessing you know more about Rolex watches than I do (I only wear them), opinions are always welcome.

The watch has been to Rolex service once (as they are 15 minutes away for me). I know the crystal has had to be changed out once before. I wear my watches in rotation but don't baby them. So sometimes they do get beat up and while Rolex (and omega) are actually a lot tougher than AP, Breitling, or Grand Seiko, it is still not bulletproof like a casio (just personal experience).
However at the time of service, my watch guy had a Rolex parts account and had mentioned he was using Rolex parts. But unless you send the watch to Rolex and are willing to pay 2-3x the cost for service and wait 6-7 weeks, compromises have to be made.

The bracelet has some stretch. See Pic below.
It's not as bad as the jubilee bracelet on my 16220, but a whole lot different from the SEL on my 2014 Daytona. Maybe the frame of reference for comparison is not fair.

Also posting a couple images of the movement.

Now the good news... I have managed to source a replacement bracelet and am awaiting delivery of same tomorrow. Thanks to this forum, I should have a nicer replacement bracelet soon enough and will be sending this one for service.

turbineboy is offline   Reply With Quote