View Single Post
Old 3 September 2018, 05:23 AM   #35
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1985 View Post
Rolex will pull their inventory if they sell over MSRP. If they could sell for over list then they would and there would be no grey market. You are right about that they do not have to sell it, but they can’t go over list. That’s why it would be problematic for them to maintain possession of a dropped watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I'm sure that would be the case, but legally they could sell at over, or under if they chose to.

Bundling hot pieces with a PM model is their way of effectively doing the same thing whilst maintaining Rolex's expectations at the point of sale.

If a watch was maliciously dropped, I'm sure they would press charges and seek damages to cover the repair bill, then sell it pre owned via a grey dealer.

If it was accidentally dropped and sufficiently damaged then I expect they would have insurance to cover this, and/ or back to Rolex to be repaired. I would expect in this case then to be re-sold as BNIB. As Rolex dictates the watches history and as it hadn't yet sold, they could repair/ mend as needed. It would presumably be the same as if one was dropped inside the factory during the final QC checks.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote