View Single Post
Old 25 January 2023, 02:23 PM   #37
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbees319 View Post
I love mine. I bought my second about a week after. Only have the 1 now. I gave up a Rolex that I wore a lot to help justify it. The thing is I never wear the Lange. Don’t regret the purchase by any means but it just sits there.

They’re gorgeous watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, they are beautiful. Why does it just sit there, what stops you wearing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY View Post
I did it myself.

Few things to consider:

1. A WG Lange can replace many of the Rolex in your collection. And, a bit of your collection overlaps. Are there less worn ones you could offload?

2. Take a look at the YG and RG options - they’re stunning as well.

3. At 38mm your wife can wear it too - a blessing and curse in my case.
Yep, there are a few I don't wear often to be honest. But some I can't move due to the attachment to special occasions etc.
Thankfully 38mm would be too big for my wife- a 36mm OP is a stretch for her. Which is good as I wouldn't want to share the ALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
At 38mm I'd go for the Lange 1 moon phase since it has the day / night disk that the 41 doesn't.
Yep I think I'm settled on the 37mm-38.5mm mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I vote yes and completely understand and relate to your desire to have fine watches that average Joe cannot identify. You’ll get that in spades with ALS. Go for the L1. Are you aware of the thought process behind the design?
Definitely, I think the hobby has changed a lot over the years with the average public much more aware of wristwatches and their value. Even one of my friend's (who isn't at all into watches) 9 year old son asked me if my Explorer 1 was a Rolex. And when I said yes went 'woooooow'. Just goes to show that from a young age it's becoming more talked about.

RE: design process- It's based on the golden ratio isn't it? With the date window from the Opera house in Dresden? Would love for you to tell me more about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Would you consider the 1815 chrono? It's beautifully balanced, slim and has a gorgeous movement compared to L1 and Saxonia big date.
Yeah I do love the 1815 Chronograph, looks lovely. However I think the Lange 1 just blew my mind!
shammad10 is offline   Reply With Quote