View Single Post
Old 14 February 2017, 07:11 PM   #23
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
PAM 389

Due to price, simplicity and overall appearance. The flyback chronograph on a diving watch isn't something i think work. Does it work under water? I know the daytonas cant be pressed under water unless you want to flood the watch. Lastly, i really cant buy watches without a date. I use the date on my watch multiple times a day.
With you all the way, Brandon I wondered what was the point of a chrono on a dive watch. A GMT complication I can understand (and one I would go for if there was one with a ceramic bezel) but not a chrono. I did ask the question in the boutique and the chrono cannot be operated under water so it seems a little pointless unless it's dual purpose piece whereby you go diving in the morning and head off to a racetrack in the afternoon.

I very much prefer a date too; I do struggle a little when it's my Daytona's turn in the rotation.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote