Thread: Watch Cleaning
View Single Post
Old 19 May 2020, 01:14 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenAZ View Post
I was having a chat with a friend yesterday. He told me he submerses his entire watch in his ultrasonic cleaner to give it an exterior cleanse. I asked why he stated its a Sub and its waterproof. Common sense tells me this is not a good practice and Id NEVER do such a thing. The movement being subjected to the ultrasonic vibration may affect its operation is a thought I had. It had me thinking, I've never seen such a practice mentioned in the forums before, or I've missed it. Any watchmakers care to chime in, I'm curious in your opinions pro or con for such a practice.

Best
Mike
Its completely stupid and any person that does must be sixpence short of a shilling.Now if the movement is fully dissembled then you could put the movement parts into a ultrasonic.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote