View Single Post
Old 21 September 2020, 10:45 PM   #84
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I don't think he was being rude but to answer some of your questions about the Speedmaster.

October 5, Omega will announce the 50th anniversary Snoopy Speedmaster. Omega Boutiques in the USA are now taking $5000 deposits. This is confirmed.

Everything else I'm saying is purely rumor at the moment. It will most likely have the new 3861 movement which is the same one found in the A11 50A that was released last year. It will be limited either as a LE or limited production. It may contain some gold in it similar to the A11 and will be priced under $10,000 USD.

There is also a rumor that the current generation standard Speedmaster with the 1861 movement will be phased out and replaced with the 3861 movement. There has been no announcement from Omega on if and when this will happen or what other updates will be included. Only rumors from people trying to get the watch from AD's and AD's telling them that it's unavailable at the moment.
Many of the “rumors” your are listing have been officially confirmed by different Omega boutiques multiple times. So they shouldn’t be rumors anymore!
3861: confirmed officially and in written
Limited production, not LE: confirmed officially and in written
Below 10K: confirmed and in written

These points are set for good. No speculation here IMO.
Unless omega people have zero credibility and they are just “officially spreading rumors”. If this is the message you got from your boutique please let me know, because I’m gonna give a call to my SAs at Omega, and tell them they are not professional and have zero credibility.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote