Thread: The Masters
View Single Post
Old 24 April 2020, 01:47 AM   #4
RobotDoctor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by briboxer View Post
Beautiful. Thank you. I understand there is nothing like seeing it in person.
Anyone who is a golf fan and watches the Masters tournament has seen the course and probably knows the holes and layout. I am no exception to this. I have been watching the Masters tournament for the past 2-3 decades and know the routing and holes. What blew me away is how much more the course really is when walking on the grounds. What I mean by that is how much more undulation of the greens and even fairway there is. How drastic the elevation changes really are compared to what we see on TV. The 9th hole for example has a much more extreme false front of the green than I had thought. The grass was perfect and I could not find a single weed anywhere on the premises. The facilities are the best I have ever seen at any professional tournament. The practice facility condition was better than any golf course I have ever played on ..... by far. The pine trees were more majestic than what I had imagined. The chute of trees to drive through on #18 (my last picture which should be rotated level as the tee box is level) is not as wide as we would think. This course is simply magnificent and a definite bucket list for any person who loves golf.

I have added the level 18th tee, a capture of #13 from the right edge of the fairway past the pine trees on the right side of the hole and #15 short of the pitching area from the crosswalk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Augusta #18 tee.jpg (122.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg ANGC #13.jpg (182.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg ANGC #15.jpg (185.6 KB, 121 views)
RobotDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote