View Single Post
Old 21 May 2021, 09:40 PM   #44
Wrist Watcher
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Why Taper Matters: Correcting The Omega Seamaster Bracelet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
I own the White dial Seamaster Diver 300m on bracelet and love it, the lack of taper on the bracelet is not an issue for me at all as it isn’t for many other owners of this watch. It clearly bothers some but as nice as these posted alternatives are for me they still don’t look as good as the original bracelet it comes with. Perhaps Omega will listen to this criticism in the same way Rolex did with the JC DSSD and to an updated version of this watch which addresses the bracelet taper issue that bothers some folk.
My biggest criticism of this watch which I rarely hear mentioned is the bezel design makes it hard to turn especially when compared to my Planet Ocean, otherwise it’s pretty much perfect.

You make a good point about the bezel being difficult to turn. I don’t turn mine very often, so I usually forget about that but it’s probably my biggest critique of the 300m just behind the non-tapering bracelet which is purely a subjective thing.

As I’ve said before, I could do without the HE valve completely (or shrink it slightly) and I would be perfectly fine if they thinned the case out some or even went back to 41mm or down to 40mm, but those are not “issues” for me as I believe the watch wears and looks great in its current form.

The Rolex Submariner remains and will likely always be THE diver for me if I had to choose just one to have forever, but honestly I enjoy wearing the 300m more and on specs and looks alone it goes head-to-head with the Sub which costs twice as much at retail and three times as much on the grey market. The 300m is such an awesome watch at a great price.
Wrist Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote