View Single Post
Old 7 May 2019, 05:09 AM   #709
Hogtown Fatty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg1616 View Post
Anyone having real struggle finding Blantons?

I’m in Ohio and trying to find any is tougher than finding a white Daytona...at least for SS there is a waiting list!!!
I bitch a lot about our whisk(e)y selection up here in Canada (specifically Ontario; government-run liquor stores called LCBO)-- it truly is miniscule compared to what folks in the States or elsewhere get--, however lately there's been an abundance of Blanton's Original and Weller 107, so I'm slightly less bitter than usual about that. Soon there'll be some Elmer and Weller 12, too. Needless to say, I've been stocking up... Not a huge Blanton's fan actually, however 107 is terrific. Best part? Since it's government-run there's standardized pricing across the province, which means Blanton's and 107's for retail (works out to about $25 USD and $50 USD/bottle, respectively). That said, a couple good deals and some availability don't make up for the fact that the selection is vastly inferior to that found most places south of the border. For example, there's only a couple cask strength offerings I can think of...
Hogtown Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote