View Single Post
Old 7 May 2019, 06:48 AM   #710
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogtown Fatty View Post
I bitch a lot about our whisk(e)y selection up here in Canada (specifically Ontario; government-run liquor stores called LCBO)-- it truly is miniscule compared to what folks in the States or elsewhere get--, however lately there's been an abundance of Blanton's Original and Weller 107, so I'm slightly less bitter than usual about that. Soon there'll be some Elmer and Weller 12, too. Needless to say, I've been stocking up... Not a huge Blanton's fan actually, however 107 is terrific. Best part? Since it's government-run there's standardized pricing across the province, which means Blanton's and 107's for retail (works out to about $25 USD and $50 USD/bottle, respectively). That said, a couple good deals and some availability don't make up for the fact that the selection is vastly inferior to that found most places south of the border. For example, there's only a couple cask strength offerings I can think of...
It varies by state. We have no problem getting those here in SC, but it's a little higher than the MSRP you're listing. I guess it doesn't matter if it's $5 a bottle if none can be found. I'm able to get just about anything plus two bottles of Pappy every year. I did recently try Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond and really liked it. Oban little bay is another good one for the price.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote