View Single Post
Old 19 April 2018, 07:26 PM   #87
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2careless View Post
Thanks guys! Have been busy elsewhere...
No, i'm not professional, let's say hobbyist.

And Uncle AJ, you take excellent photos too. :-)

TBH I have not considered the radiation levels topic. We're going there for a couple of weeks - how much radiation can we get? If it's in the dangerous levels, then all the people in Japan will be affected, not just me...
I'd rather go and eat there, anytime ;-)
Nobody really knows what effect the radiation will have on those here and future generations. Everybody is hoping for the best.

I was here and remember exactly where I was on the day of the Earthquake/Tsunami ( our work meeting was halted and we were told to leave to attend to any family members in the area ) which later caused the Fukushima reactor core explosion. None of us had ever seen work halted before. Spooky.

The Japanese had to stay in place. They really had nowhere to go unless they were super wealthy.

I remember the lines and hordes of foreigners lining up everywhere to get out of Japan as fast as they could. The Japanese media coined them "Flyjins" ( spoof of the word Gaijin for foreigner.)

Japanese kids asked me "Are you going to go too Tom?" I said, "Nope I'm sticking it out with you all." I remember how much they smiled and seemed comforted by that. Was a weird time.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote