View Single Post
Old 24 April 2021, 10:58 PM   #7
lencap
"TRF" Member

She does enjoy her watch, but she too is unsure about what to do. Part of her angst is thinking about the financial part of it - which I told her not to be concerned about, but she can't ignore it. When we were married our combined salaries were not much over $15K. She anchors to those prices for everything we do, so $10K for a watch is a stretch.

After looking at a single new watch (two tone Jubilee, white dial) on her wrist it does seem a bit larger than her current watch in all dimensions, especially the case which is also thicker. Somehow the older watch seems more classic and elegant - smaller case suits her petite size, less mass to the case also seems more "ladies rolex" sized and proportioned. Interestingly the saleswoman is very tall, 6' plus, and she wears a 41 DJ TT. To me it looked like a pie plate, but that's the current style. After 50 years the size may be the deciding issue. She's also not sure how comfortable the largerf watch it is after just a brief trial at the AD. These days allocation is so light that comparing models is difficult.

It would be easy to keep the current watch even if she gets a new one, but she's a "one watch" woman. Every day she wears her Rolex regardless of what she's doing. It's been everywhere with us over the years. I suspect that trading the older watch will be the likely outcome if we get a new watch.

The issue, for me, is fit and comfort. If the new watch will fit well and is comfortable that seems like the answer, but it's hard to get confidence with that decision in a 15 minute AD visit.
lencap is offline   Reply With Quote