View Single Post
Old 6 May 2021, 12:28 AM   #55
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becweb View Post
Apologies, but OP wouldn't ask the question if he didn't have this idea in the back of his head. I am giving my opinion on the subject, whenever i see the question asked. When the same watch is declined into 5-6 different sizes, but the typical diamond and feminine styling (like MOP, multicolor diamonds etc) are applied on sizes 37mm or less, this gives me the indication that watches under 37mm (by nowadays' standards) are Female watches.
Example - a jeans is a jeans. If i am the smallest size in "men's" size but can't find it in the store, would i select the equivalent size that corresponds to female's jeans and has the same cut? Don't think so.
watches are watches, the 15450 is a unisex model by definition. female jeans are female jeans for a reason, they are designed to fit a different body shape because women have hips and curves. i get what you're saying with the diamonds and dials but that's just AP/rolex trying to market towards women so that they can expand their customer range and sales because they see that the trend is to wear bigger sizes so men aren't buying smaller watches as much, but by definition a 36mm or 37mm watch was always a mens watch, obviously it's up to how it fits on the person past that

there are sneakers that are "womens" but are worn mostly by both. take a look at some of the jordan releases, specifically the off white 4s which are a womens model and only come in womens sizes but are worn mostly by men
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote