View Single Post
Old 14 July 2017, 12:43 AM   #40
watchluxus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not Enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
My AD called me this morning and told me to stop by as he had something to show me. I had been convinced the WG Daytona on oysterflex was going to be my next piece, but after trying on the AP titanium, it was a fairly easy decision for me.

To me the WG Daytona was pretty similar to the AP titanium in what I was looking for in my next watch. I wanted another chronograph, I wanted a grey-ish dial, I wanted contrasting sub dials, a rubber strap, and it had to be able to be an everyday wear type of piece. Both the Daytona and the Titanium fit that description. The Daytona has always been on the extreme small side for my personal comfort level where as the AP is toward the top end to my comfort level. Both are great watches, but I decided to add another AP instead of the Daytona.

The titanium is definitely a very light piece and that was the first thing I noticed when picking it up for the first time especially compared to the RG 44. Although both of my 44’s have the same shaped case, I do believe that the titanium and RG are far more different from each other visually than say a GMT and a Sub. Because of that I think my two 44’s are going to play very well together. One is more of an everyday piece and the other is more of an occasion/statement piece. My other watches are going to struggle for wrist time with these two.
Great duo!
watchluxus is offline   Reply With Quote