View Single Post
Old 19 February 2018, 10:31 AM   #8
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
A born Pepsi or “made” Pepsi. Any difference in value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
There was no bezel insert coding on the USA warranty papers prior to 1998/99 so how would you know? All GMTs from the 16750, 16760 and early 16710/16700s had the A coding (or A30) within the USA style number found on the warranty paper. Also, many other sport models contained the same A30 coding in the style number.

As far as later insert colors go, inserts were easily changed and I have not seen anything significant from many years of ownership that would indicate price variations between the inserts colors. It might might a difference to those anal enough to need a certain color coded on their warranty paper, but to most it does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
You can only differentiate on the original paper certificate. I would prefer buying the better condition watch.

Agree with both these statements.

Bought this last September right in the middle of the price increase for 5900. It originally had a black insert. I sourced both a Pepsi and coke insert for it (250). I sent it la watch weeks and they touched up the case (750). All told I’m into the watch 6900 and have three insert choices.

rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote