View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 09:51 PM   #25
chmk
"TRF" Member

Went and saw the head office today. The watchmaker confirmed what I thought - the rate of the watch was outside spec (+13/s a day on average) which definitely was not acceptable given that it had just been serviced (at new it ran on +2/3s a day). Taking into account the oft touted 5-12 days testing during service I’m frankly amazed that this managed to slip through the cracks. Whilst the chronograph module was fine, it was thought that the intermittent issue was the pushers not responding - so they too had to be replaced. In any event, a complete maintenance service should identify and replace all the defective parts.

Given that it had already been serviced and nonetheless required another again anyway, head office promised to ask the workshop to push it to the top of priority, but again couldn’t promise anything. Here’s to hoping the work takes less than 4 weeks.

On the goodies tread I asked for a loupe, and they said they’d speak to marketing about it for me since they didn’t have one to give at the moment.

Best I could have hoped for given the circumstances I guess ... I know it’s comparing apples and oranges but have to say that this has given me ab extra appreciation for Rolex. COSC certified I know, but my Daytona has run like a dream for the past 4 years, gaining less than 2 seconds a day, and the chronograph can at least withstand normal wear and tear.