View Single Post
Old 29 March 2020, 08:44 AM   #15
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason42807 View Post
As the title states, would you trade an SD43 MKII for a 1968 Long E 1675?

A little background on the reason for the trade is that I wanted an SD43 when they were announced in 2017. I am from a family of divers and have always loved the Sea Dwellers in general. Before purchasing the one I currently have, I passed up offers from ADs more than a few times for one reason or another. I am honestly not much of a diver but an avid aviation enthusiast, as I am a private pilot and a partner in an airplane.

So with that, what would you all say as far as trading the SD43 for the 1675. Mine is a full set purchased May 2019 and the 1675 is naked.Below is a picture of the one i am looking at currently.
Some things to consider. This 1675 certainly looks vintage but do you really want to own a vintage watch?

For me, the biggest issue with owning vintage is the care involved. Unless you’re getting a very clean example, there are usually issues with movement, bracelet, etc. This is an additional out of pocket costs after you buy it.

From your photo, it looks like the band is badly stretch and something about the bezel looks off. It’s too new looking compared to the dial. Also, do you know the owner of the watch? Without papers you have no idea if the watch has been serviced or what.

Personally, I stay away from vintage because the cost of experience can be expensive and the care to be too much work. If it was me, I’d get rid of the SD43 and find a newer-ish GMT or SkyD if you really want a pilots watch.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote