View Single Post
Old 2 June 2017, 09:35 AM   #13
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
The tool kit doesn't have a screwdriver in it. It has two bronze punches that are used to add or remove links for the bracelet or change the bracelet. It is usually housed under the insert in the inner box that holds the watch. Pull that out and look underneath and you may find it. There is a small elastic band and it holds them in place. These punches work in tandem....one to push down on the small dot on the bracelet or endlink and the other to simultaneously push out the pin. It's quick and efficient system.

Pushing down on the bezel to turn it is not a big deal. I might point out that in the late 60's and early 70's rolexes had a large flat spring under their bezels that required the same push to turn. Also, I wore mine continuously in Colorado and never got even a spec of dust under the bezel in that slot/crack area.

While I like the bracelet just fine, I prefer the IWC Velcro strap available for this watch with titanium endlinks. It's a bit expensive but it is very comfortable and adds to the overall lack of weight of this watch. This watch was available originally in three versions.
First was stainless steel with black face, second stainless with white face, and last the Titanium version with black face. The first ones had Tritium makers and hands and then sometime after introduction IWC decided to do luminova. Mine is a late one and while I am not sure when it was made, it still keeps excellent time at +5 seconds a day and has never been serviced. Like the author mine has no rubs or scratches on it at all. I've owned it for 10 years and someone probably had it for 10 before that. Titanium comes in different degrees of hardness and to avoid scratches and rubs the IWC must be very hard indeed.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote