Thread: GMT 1675 Dials
View Single Post
Old 1 October 2013, 01:22 AM   #32
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLX-lvr View Post

Remember to add the OCC dial from 1959, and early 1960.

This is the rarest version of the 1675 dials, produced for a very short time when the model was first introduced. As 6542 dials are not interchangeable with 1675 dials, this dial is unique to this early 1675 model.
Thanks Jeff. The coronet on the dial that you posted mirrors the coronet on the G-3 photo of mine. The difference that I have noticed in these two dials would be in verbiage on the dial and the underscored line below Officially Certified. The one in your photo reads "Officially Certified Chronometer," while in my G-3 photo it reads "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified." (The G-3 photo is from a 1675 circa 1961.)

The subtle differences in some of these dials make a difference to many collectors. With seven variations of the gilt dials depicted in this thread, and a GMT 1675 production run of approximately seven years, most of the dials are fairly rare - except for the last two which seem to be the most prevalent of all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gilt underline.1961.JPG (71.1 KB, 1209 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote