View Single Post
Old 13 October 2013, 08:29 AM   #44
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
Hi Springer,

Great post and discussions here on the dial of 1675.

One thing really puzzled me. Orchi, a forumer here, also did a thread on the dial variance of the 1675 (thread: ROLEX Ref. 1675 GMT Master Dial Variants) (http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=74976). What he had discussed there seems to contradict what you presented on this thread.

For example, both the threads mentioned different MK I of the 1675, although they were known by different names. The ones you mentioned were gilt and white dials whereas his were matt dials. Which came first though? or both came concurrently? or the matt dials were also known as white dials?

Would love to hear your advice and thanks in advance :)
Orchi is another GMT aficionado like many of us. I didn't use the mark numbers so I wouldn't confuse anybody. Also, if you read Orchi's complete thread, I did not agree with his conclusion that the Mark X was a service dial - since it definitely came on the GMTs during the end of the 1970s.

Orchi's thread only dealt with the white dials from circa 1967 to 1980. The gilt dials started with the production of the first GMT 1675s from 1959 until around 1966 when the white dials replaced the gilts.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote