View Single Post
Old 21 January 2019, 02:01 AM   #58
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Same sizing for me as well with the 116500 and 116519. They line up on different micro settings. The hole location on the 116655 is also different than both Daytona’s so the fit will be different as you pointed out. But ADs do have different measuring systems for the YM and Daytona, so if your AD knows what they’re doing YouShould be OK though. As for the 116500, you’ll be on your own is that watch obviously is not offered on OF.
I am an "in-between" size with ED and EE/EF on the Daytona. When I put the OF on the 116500, I had an ED and EE set, with the EE on the outermost micro adjustment. It ended up being a tad too tight and I had to wear it all the time with the Easylink extended. On the 116519LN, I have it on the outermost micro adjustment and it's absolutely spot on.

Now, it may not be a fair comparison, as I suspect my wrists have shrunk in the last few months, but that was my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
I couldn't agree more. My only knock on the OF system is just what you've described...it's so hard to get a good fit if the straps that come on the model don't fit. I'll go as far as saying I wouldn't buy this watch outside of the AD for this very reason.

I had this conversation with my AD. All the different straps should be on hand, IMO. Problem is the expense. Rolex is not going to supply it and it's not fair to expect the AD to...especially when they may not even have the watch in stock. It took them forever just to get a 519...and it's the only OF Daytona they've seen.

Myself, I would love to see the OF incorporated into a deployment clasp type solution. If it's a little tight or loose, you can just take it off and move it a notch or two. My two cents.

Congrats again!
Thanks!

I agree that they should offer more adjustability on the OF. That said, it's a good system for ensuring there's no excess material flopping around. It's a very clean and integrated design that feels like part of the watch rather than an afterthought.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote