View Single Post
Old 22 February 2018, 10:41 AM   #8405
HauteHorlogerie
Banned

Watch: 519LN | 64A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronomentro View Post
Yes and I do understand why those of us youngish collectors are drawn to the patek sport pieces-they are wearable with a relatively accessible price point. But as we’ve said they are NOT the fabric of Pateks DNA. It’s an interesting era for Patek to thread this needle but without diluting the brand reputation for complication, they will need to find a way to convert the owners of patek sport models into complications down the road. Idk how many will do so esp when retail prices are so high these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should say this, I’m a relatively young collector (late 20’s) and I actually started in Patek outside of sports watches - 5396G, then 5227G, dabbled with some world times then got into the big stuff with 3970P, 3971G, 5970 and wound up back to the sports watches. I find them easier to wear, set, go with regular clothes pretty well. And I will even wear Patek sports models with a suit! I love them. I will say it’s funny because I remember the times of drooling over the 5131’s and the hype was real... now 5711/1A hype is too real. So bizarre. But trends come and go... I did own a deep sea afteral hahaha. I will say, I love what Patek has done and think with all of Theirry and Sandrine’s faults aside they’re going strong. Some questionable designs but they still sell like crazy. I just love the Patek experience. AP was called the young man’s Patek when I first got into collecting. And I had my fair share of offshores and royal Oaks but something so nice about Patek... even if I’ve had my 5980 break and my date stick on more than one 324 I still come back.
HauteHorlogerie is offline   Reply With Quote