View Single Post
Old 8 October 2014, 09:14 PM   #104
KellyM3
Banned

"Storytelling" is right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comacho View Post
sorry guys I've been trying to reply to this thread since I joined last night but it kept telling me to wait for a Mod's approval.... so this is a duplicate (kinda) of what I posted above... they all showed up at once

anyway, no I'm not trolling, and I'm no sock puppet.

I think there have been quite a few assumptions made about this story, perhaps I need to work on my story telling.

here are a few more details. The guy I purchased the watch from was aware that it was worth more than he was asking. I have no clue what his motivation to sell it was. The fact that he drove a rusty truck means absolutely nothing. If this guy has HALF of what I've been told... He's bought/sold literally many thousands of dollars in vintage and collectable guns many to the guy that introduced us... it AIN'T about the money. I do find it interesting that so many assume he's some hapless schmuck because he was old(er) and drove an old rusty truck. I mean he DID by the watch originally so its not like he was clueless.

Were do you draw the line? If any of us saw something like that in an estate sale we couldn't get to the cash register fast enough. If I was at a garage sell and came across a beat up vintage Omega needing a new everything is it MY responsibility to tell the seller what it should be worth? If I'm antiquing and come across an old movement that I recognize as valuable (happened several times) it's my DUTY to inform the seller that he's priced his stuff too low? wow I don't know what to say.

I would never intentionally mislead someone. and I had NO IDEA what i was going to see. it's not like I was appraising the watch and then low balled him. I was just going to check out a watch.

I sense some righteous indignation up in this joint

sorry to step on so many toes. very far from my intention. I really wasn't bragging... this is a Rolex forum right? I was just relaying what I thought was a good story.
Nice addendum to make the story seem real...