View Single Post
Old 8 October 2014, 09:19 PM   #105
Jason71
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor Divers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzani View Post
I agree that your deal was a different scenario, but your reason for wanting to pay him a more fair value was apparently not for altruistic reasons, it was to ensure a good relationship for future deals, which is understandable. In the the OP's case there were never going to be any future deals so that wouldn't have been a consideration. I do applaud you for offering more money to your jeweler. I probably would have made mention that it was a good deal and went ahead and bought the watch for the huge discount offered!
That wasn't my reason for wanting to pay him a fair price. In my opinion, in any transaction....both parties should come away from the transaction feeling good about the transaction. I personally would have felt guilty if I paid a price so far below market price without offering a fair price. That was my motive and nothing more.

The likelihood of The jeweler getting another Rolex that I might buy is pretty low. He just typically doesn't get this sort of thing in his store. He has a 5513 now, but I don't think he will ever sell it.

Just Say "NO" to Polishing
Card-Carrying Member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch Curmudgeons
LIfe is too short to wear inexpensive watches
PLEXI IS SEXY