View Single Post
Old 9 October 2014, 01:24 AM   #112
Comacho
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 168000
Let's just Reset.

Hey guys I really hate how this thread turned out as it was never my intention to argue the morality of taking advantage of an incredible deal. I have read about garage sale and estate find's for years (and have even found a few myself) where people find old guitars, books, artwork, watches and vintage audio gear at literally pennies on the dollar. I've always found the hunt for a great find part of the allure of trading and searching.

I have never seen anything quite like this. Aside from the assumptions being made about the seller, I don't think I've ever heard "seller beware" defended quite like this. Believe me when I say that I do understand where some of you are coming from with regard to the price I paid, I just have a real hard time believing that so many of you wouldn't do the exact same thing were you in my shoes.

I met the seller's price without influence and we both walked away happy with the deal. I took a risk by not going through an AD but it looks like it paid off. For me it has to end there and I'm not gonna beat myself up. There's been plenty of other deals that I've taken a bath on because I didn't buy right.

However in retrospect I realize that my original post might have came off a little brash, I guess the narrative got a little out of control. That was certainly not my intent, I was just excited to share my find and who better than with a bunch of watch nuts. <--Hindsight has a different opinion.

You guys do know most people think we're pretty crazy anyway for caring and spending what we do on "watches" right?

Let's just put this ugliness behind us and return to talking about the incredible timepiece that is ROLEX

Comacho