View Single Post
Old 24 March 2018, 03:10 PM   #1
riskwalla
"TRF" Member

My First: Rolex DJ 36mm 116200 BKAO

I turned 40 a couple of months back and as fate would have it, I received a better than expected work bonus that I considered to use for an upgrade in my value sedan. Yet, for some reason I felt inclined to treat myself to a Rolex, my first. Just a year ago I was content with my Seiko Turtle and my Longines Master Collection, but after studying, trying on, and ruminating over the history, tradition, and engineering marvel I converted to the idea that every man, if able to, should have one Rolex in their life and one that is timeless.

I tried on and studied many watches, but decided on the Datejust 36MM. Initially I considered the Milguass and the Datejust II, but realized that my wrist, in reality is only 6.5 inches and I've also faded away from the trend of bigger watches. If I got a Rolex, it would have to be classic, yet subtle, so the 36MM Datejust with Arabic numerals was perfect for me. I received it last week, slowly peeled off the stickers and I can not explain what a wonderful honeymoon it has been. I love it.

Everyone is different, some would say, why not the ___, why not a larger dial, why not the Roman or sticks over the Arabic numerals? But in the end, it's the watch that captured me, defined some aspects of me, and one I hope to pass down to those I love. It's my first Rolex and I can say, good things do happen. And No, I don't regret driving an older Hyundai to work when I have this on my wrist for good times ahead.

Riskwalla
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RolexAA_1.jpg (100.6 KB, 659 views)
File Type: jpg RolexAA_2.jpg (89.4 KB, 648 views)
riskwalla is offline   Reply With Quote