View Single Post
Old 28 August 2017, 12:48 AM   #19
MrInternational
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 (126300-0007)
It was a pretty good race. Verstappen is having more than bad luck. This is a pattern and you can't blame reliability when the other virtually identical car has consistent podiums and rare technical issues. He drives hard. It's not difficult to understand that abusing a machine can lead to its lack of reliability. I know nothing but this just occurs to me. I was very disappointed in Vettel & Ferrari because with fresher softer rubber they couldn't keep up with the Merc. Ricciardo is of course a fantastic driver and had an outstanding result. I think Perez should lose his seat and would be fine if he never raced F1 again. He's always been reckless with a few periods of good behavior I suppose when he was warned by someone. The manner in which he closed the door on Ocon was extremely dangerous and unnecessary and frankly unsportsmanlike. Alonso I think just gave up the race said there was an engine problem and parked the car in protest. The guy is driving his tail off and is at the top of his form but getting passed by B-level cars and drivers easily. It's a shame to see that. I wish him the best and I fear he may leave F1 altogether after this year. Post retirement comments he mentioned that he's had a lot of wins and done some great things in F1 so he'll consider options after the end of the season. I'd love to see him in a top team next year. Lastly Kimi not slowing for the yellow flag was stupid on his part especially after his complaining about the back markers not obeying blue flags in past races. Anyway - obviously an amazing weekend for Lewis so congrats to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrInternational is offline   Reply With Quote