View Single Post
Old 10 November 2009, 01:50 AM   #16
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELINOX View Post
It just figures, I wonder how many other US mfg's have "sold out" to foreign cheap labor pools. I would agree that it is truly a global problem with QC issues for any mass produced product, but its only as of the last 10 years or so that its really been in your face.

I think this too is its more "in your" face b/c of the internet. And its prolly been a practice for Cross for years to mfg where its most efficient and profitable. I am not surprised. Even the ROLEX GMT clasp issue has been produced with a process, welding, that has been successful for many, many years and as of late has had a "run" thats been in "our face" only b/c of the internet...

I would gather to say its maybe at best "hit or miss" that you buy a clunker CROSS or ROLEX with a better than 100 : 1 chance of fx happening, dare I say, and that it culd be "in your face" on a forum like this !
Not to highjack this thread (like SOME people do! ) but, I know for a fact Louis Vuitton, Channel, and others have been doing it for years. The materials are shipped to China, the bags are made, shipped back to France, and the labels, which ARE made in France, are put on. That's how they can say "Made in France" because the LABELS actually WERE made in France.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote