View Single Post
Old 23 March 2018, 11:17 AM   #76
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT View Post
The price of BNIB BLNR has been quickly raised to $10,875 today from DavidSW website: https://davidsw.com/product/rolex-11...-master-ii-15/

Is it starting to skyrocket in value now?
I follow his site daily. That one was posted at that price 3 days or so before Basel.

Two weeks ago he had one listed for $10,900. I know because I bought it with a very narrow negotiated margin. Some may call me dumb, fine. It ended up being $1k more than I would have paid at an AD with tax. My local AD had 7 paid deposits for the blnr. I was prob looking at a year wait. $1k divided by 12 months = $83/month. Well worth it for me not to wait. And you know what, I can’t take it off. The premium was worth it!!

If anything, Rolex will make a 126720BLNR with the Swiss “crown” Made just like the Deep Blue (which I also have). In that case, I am content to have Gen 1 of both. I don’t buy for future values, I buy for me.

As I said in another thread, if my Rolex collection goes up in value, my son will inherit some bad @$& watches. If they don’t, my son will still inherit some bad @$$ watches.