View Single Post
Old 4 April 2020, 11:47 AM   #5060
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
They are not going to change course. In fact I think there’s very good odds of them extending this well past May 1.

I bet somewhere around April 28th we will see a press conference and the vice president holding up a sign that says “30 more days to kill the virus” or something like that.
I agree. So now that we know this let's all just take a breath, sit back and wait it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
I'm so confused by toilet paper math that I have no idea how much I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandWatch View Post
Africa doesn’t bear thinking about, I agree. Very sad to imagine...
It may already be out of hand but we just haven't heard about it. The largest population of Chinese expats reside in Africa. They are on the verge of owning the economy of 90% of that continent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
There is a social contract at stake. Health care providers are risking their lives daily in an attempt to save as many lives as possible. When the public at large gives up their end of the contract in terms of social distancing, that's where a bulk of health care providers will throw in the towel and walk out. And that's not just those caring for COVID-19 patients. Hospitals cannot function without nurses, technologists, environmental services, physicians. This is a problem that was exacerbated by poor decision making and preparedness on the part of government and short-sighted business leaders who had their ears, and dumped in the laps of providers who are now being asked to risk their health and the health of their loved ones.
One of the best posts of all time.