View Single Post
Old 5 January 2018, 12:09 PM   #74
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by run23 View Post
Some people on this thread are a bit full of themselves. Of course in hindsight the deal seems fishy, but the OP did almost everything right (taking to to his guy to get authenticated, asking for a bill of sale), but still got scammed because some people are terrible. Everybody thinks they’ll never the the one the gets scammed because they are too street smart or whatever, but I’ve seen it happen to enough people to not be too sure it couldn’t happen to me. Like it would have almost seemed rude and paranoid if I were in the OP’s place to insist that I see the watch at all times— that’s how these scammers operate. Obviously in the future that’s a precaution I’d take.

I’ve bought expensive camera equipment face-to-face and took what I thought was every precaution, and while I was never scammed, if someone were determined enough I could have been (will take lessons from this post); and in hindsight of course I would have ‘seen’ all the red flags (the guy had a dirty sweatshirt, was too young to have a $4,500 camera or whatever).
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote