View Single Post
Old 28 February 2018, 10:06 AM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Thank you, Steve, for creating this thread. The advice in your original post was absolutely precise for my contemporary bracelet (reference 1958). I phoned one AD (Topper) and a couple of Omega Boutiques before I found a Boutique who had the parts in stock. They shipped the parts right out, and I think it took me about 30 minutes to complete the installation (and I tend to go slowly on stuff like this).

This clasp works beautifully on the Speedmaster Pro, and it provides exactly the instant corrections needed to maintain a perfectly comfortable fit when changing conditions affect wrist size.

Here is my Speedmaster with its original clasp just before beginning the swap:

The parts required. Note that the pin and screw caps required to attach the clasp to the new end-link are included with the new end-link:

I will note here to anyone else doing his own installation that the attachment of the new end-link to this side of the new clasp is different from the attachment of the bracelet's original end-link to its original clasp. On the original components, the end-link can swivel where it's attached to the clasp; on the new clasp, this end-link attaches in a fixed position as shown in this photo:

Here is the new clasp, all mounted up and ready to go! Important note: since this new clasp is longer than the original, you should remove one more link than you used before, and I think it should probably be removed from the 12:00 side of the bracelet:

These photos show the micro-adjust mechanism, first with it fully retracted, and then with it extended about half its range, and half its range seems nearly the equivalent of one full link:

Total cost was $213 plus sales tax, and the Boutique shipped 2nd-day at no additional charge. I'm very pleased with the result, and I feel great knowing I don't have to worry now about striking the right compromise in the fitment of my Speedmaster's bracelet. I recommend this investment.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote