View Single Post
Old 4 March 2018, 10:41 PM   #79
J. W. Hall
"TRF" Member

A few days ago I went to pick up my Air-King ref. 5500 from our local watchmaker, Leo Ruffinengo at Official Time Watch in Salt Lake City: http://www.officialtimewatch.com/. Leo is a brilliant technician who clearly loves watches and loves his craft and he does a magnificent job. I enthusiastically recommend him for service.

I had the watch in for a service. I recently acquired the watch and it wasn’t keeping time well. Leo diagnosed a broken balance staff and replaced it during the service. Now with a new balance staff, new mainspring, new gaskets (and new crystal) and cleaned and lubed, the watch runs like new.

Leo was very pleased with the amplitude he measured; among the measurements he noted were 251, 265, 277, 282 and pretty low beat errors, too.

Leo said he was particularly happy with that amplitude for a calibre 1520, which is not a certified movement, of course.

As I’ve been wearing it over the previous 72 hours, it is staying within seconds accuracy.

I have always loved the minimalist beauty of these Air-Kings, and I’m thrilled Leo got mine running so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J. W. Hall is offline   Reply With Quote