View Single Post
Old 16 January 2023, 11:02 PM   #130
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I only own one AP (black ceramic diver) and I bought it from DavidSW back in the day. The AP dealer by my house lost the brand, and now I’d have to go to LA or presumably Vegas which is where I originally looked at ROOs.

Last time I looked at AP at my old local dealer several years ago they had Royal Oaks sitting in the case. At that time they also sold FPJ and Richard Mille. Now they don’t even sell a single brand I would buy.

I found out my main AD for Rolex and Patek recently lost Patek where I had enough clout with them to get a couple application pieces. So that’s great… So I feel for folks who invested in the brand and are getting shafted. I have application pieces and have toured Patek but I’m now the same to them as anyone walking in off the street asking for a steel sports watch. Fortunately I am kind of at my endgame with them anyway and really what I want is a perpetual chronograph which makes no sense to buy from an AD anyway unless you want access to application pieces.

It kind of bums me out. I almost forgot that in addition to Patek they also lost ALS, so another brand I like I’m now in the back of the line with them as well.

The good news is Grand Seikos seem easy to get haha.
I feel your pain. I knew it was over for me when my ALS boutique turned me down for a stainless Odysseus on the first day that they were taking applications for them, supposedly, even though I'd purchased 3 watches from them previously. But I feel good about having turned my watch collecting into a spectator sport, I no longer suffer injuries (to my pride).
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote