View Single Post
Old 17 October 2020, 07:54 PM   #3
tough
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
I think the dealer "spread" will erode any savings from trading "down" to a more used strap version, but depends on what you trusted seller can do for you? If you can walk out with extra money in your pocket and still have a 5167A (that you are less apprehensive to use a a daily) in your collection, then why not?

Personally I do like the idea of a watch that has a few scratches and dings already, so I don't get paranoid when wearing it. But then again, part of me do prefer those scratches to have been made by me and thus being part of my history with the watch.
Fair.
Thanks for understanding where I am coming from.

My version which I have been enjoying already has very very very little to no wear. It is extremely crisp, and I will undoubtably scuff it up anyway. I don't mind getting an already mildly scuffed up but unpolished one with a $ difference.
I figure the better way to go about it perhaps is to post a "WTT" post.
There is always a chance someone that wants to buy a 3-4K bracelet (not sure what they cost exactly) would likely make the full trade for my watch instead of buying a bracelet. It could just potentially be a win/win sort of thing.
tough is offline   Reply With Quote