View Single Post
Old 17 February 2020, 10:37 AM   #14
Blaner
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
You are looking for absolutes in a more random process.

Rolex numbers are allocated for a specific run of a specific model. Every year does not see all of those allocations actually made. If there is slow movement in a model, those numbers allocated for one year will be carried over to another year.

If cases are stamped and not used, those too are warehoused until they are needed. Further, it is known that Rolex may have numbered model cases sequentially on paper, they didn't always manufacture complete watches sequentially.. In other words, the number 7 may have been completed before the number 2, and so on.

Sometimes you simply need to think that this is the closest you're going to get, barring actual data from the Mother Ship.
Understandable, but then I also take that plus the fact that in half of the charts I have seen, the year 1980 spans 644xxxx to 654xxxx or or whatever, which would also be odd given that every other year has a couple hundred thousand span of serials but this one lonely year happens to only have 100k? Smells funny to me.
Blaner is offline   Reply With Quote