View Single Post
Old 30 May 2020, 12:44 AM   #8
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlcp View Post
. Personally I like the RO26315st, 15407st and 26574st. ROO 26480TI is nice, appreciate if anyone could share the user experience. Thanks.
I won't attack you because I'm relatively new too. My only advice is that you should love AP because you love AP. Don't go after hot models because it's the cool thing to do. That won't make you any friends here, and it won't result in any success with AP either. But, at the end of the day, you like what you like, and you should ask whatever is on your mind. This is a message board after all for us to share information and experiences...

Real Talk about the watches you mentioned:

26315ST: Gray model, maybe a short wait. Blue subdial model, probably not for a new customer as it is a boutique exclusive. You can get the blue subdial for a very small premium though. Honestly, the gray is really growing on me and you should give it serious thought.

15407ST: Not happening. Maybe after a few years and an established purchase history you may get allocated one. Sure, you'll see an occasional story where somebody gets very lucky. Or, if you're a VIP you'll get one almost certainly. If you walked out of a boutique with one of these with no real history, go buy a lottery ticket because it's your very lucky day.

26574ST: Very likely not happening either. Probably a solid 1-2 year wait on this one as well, and you'll need a purchase history. The wait on this one seems to have gotten worse, and the secondary market price has seemed to solidify slightly above the MSRP. Again if you want/need it now, the premium is small but I don't think there are very many new examples out there. Most of them have been polished and marked "Unworn".

26480TI: I'm a "new" customer working on the relationship and I am on the list, but it could be weeks or even several months wait. This model seems to be rising in popularity so I am not sure this model is going to get any easier to get in the short term. Remember, AP stopped production so that's not helping. This is another one if you just want this watch and be done, buy it on the secondary market. It's readily available for a slight discount to right around MSRP.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote