View Single Post
Old 1 June 2020, 04:38 PM   #8
wei915
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400 Silver
Just some additional self-analysis...

My ideal AP collection would be either one of the following:
1) 15400st Silver + 15202st
  • Able to rotate between silver and blue dials; three-handed and two-handed complications.
  • Both are dressy watches - I spend close to 70%-80% of my time in the office, so these two watches will get plenty of wrist time.
  • Personally love the needle-like seconds hand on the 15400 and the silver dial. I would prefer the 15400 silver over the 15500 silver.
  • Cons: Have to source for the 15202st in the grey market at HUGE premiums since I won't get to start a relationship at the AP boutique.

2) 26331st Panda/Silver + 15202st
  • Offers a more interesting rotation: ROC Panda for casual occasions, and the Jumbo for dressy occasions/office work.
  • Love the ROC Panda/Silver dial more than the RO 15400 Silver dial.
  • Will be able to start a relationship with the AP boutique upon purchasing the ROC Panda. Since I have spent money on an AP RO, might as well recycle the same money to build a purchase history at the AP boutique by selling away the RO 15400 and buying the ROC 26331?
  • Cons: No open caseback in the ROC Panda and non-hacking seconds (may not sit well with my OCD).
  • Cons: ROC may be updated with a new in-house movement?
  • Cons: No guarantee that the Jumbo will be allocated by the AP boutique with only a single purchase history.
  • Cons: May consider getting the Daytona 116500Ln sometime later and the ROC may become redundant?

Personally, I like the silver dial more than the blue dial, so 26331st blue is not in my consideration.

Still can't decide...
wei915 is offline   Reply With Quote