View Single Post
Old 8 June 2020, 01:26 PM   #28
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I try and not engage in some of the back and forth on here, but I disagree with this statement. First off, your assessment is your opinion. You don't know with any degree of certainty what the OP's "intentions" are. Maybe they just worded things differently than you would have? Or, maybe they are simply asking a question? Also, I think it's relevant here to point out the OP said they have/had a 15202. So, it's not as if they haven't been exposed to AP at all.

One thing I cannot stand is this "holier than thou" attitude that you have to somehow prove your dedication to the brand or to horology before you can be taken seriously. Or, if you haven't had an AP/Rolex/PP since 2010, well, then you must be a fraud and somebody just looking for hot watches to post on IG. We all start somewhere, with a different point of view, or a different set of interests. And, who cares if the OP only wants to know what's hot? Not everybody is "passionate" about watches to the same degree. Who cares what their passion level is?

This is a message board where people are often just looking for information. Can we be a bit less judgmental? Or, if we don't like a post, simply not reply? There is enough of this crap out in the real world these days. It bothers me to see judgment and animosity on something that I feel many of us come to as an escape from reality.

End of Rant.
Agreed.
MichaelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote