View Single Post
Old 21 November 2019, 10:39 AM   #79
DVDA
"TRF" Member

Watch: THE Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewell View Post

But the days of being able to buy a used Sub for $2500 or a Speedy for half that or less are truly gone. Making matters worse, Rolex appears to be choking the supply of stainless steel watches, which is driving prices way up. So, at least recently, Rolex is both exclusive and expensive. But even clean Moonwatches are getting relatively expensive. It's too bad. Watches like these should be more accessible, but right now various market conditions don't make that possible.
I miss the $3K 14060M sales but are they truly gone? I mean markets fluctuate. Isn't it a matter of time before that happens again? Maybe not soon, but some day.

As far as OP's question the average Joe thinks Rolex is most prestigious. Most wouldn't know Patek Philippe is more extensive.

And the average Joe that know Patek if left with a case containing a Rolex Submarine 114060, Richard Mille, VAcheson Constantin, and A. Lange & Shone would pick the Rolex.

If you are looking for perception of wealth then Rolex, if you are looking for quality then go with the one you think is better. My personal opinion is Planet Ocean is nicer than Sub. But both are great and I don't care what people think.