View Single Post
Old 10 December 2011, 10:24 AM   #67
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wall Street
I Am Totally Confused Now

Earlier today I received an e-mail from Paul Riley at Rolex USA that went like this;

Sam,

This TOG is after market watch. Rolex never made a TOG with a green sweeping hand. P.S. if you have any questions please give me a call.

I called Paul and we discussed a few things for about 15-20 mins, one being the obvious that Rolex creates green themed pieces to commemorate the 50 year anniversary of a range (GMT, Sub, Milgauss, etc). He then went on to solidify his stance that the green limited edition TOG I am looking for is totally bogus. My confusion comes in that I highly doubt an AD like Lexia Ginza in Japan would sell an aftermarket Rolex in their shop. I am still waiting for my colleague to get back to me if he is able to track the black dial green TOG one in Osaka for me. I am hoping my discussion with Paul is a classic example of one region not understanding the other regions market... Please note I informed Paul that I would post a portion of our discussion here on this forum.

Adam (caballero) if you read this I may also need your help as well, I have been informed that the hanshin/hankyu department store you mentioned is equivalent to a Macy's department store in the Americas... Are they an AD?

"A Watch Is An Emotional Object, And So, It Is The Responsibility Of The Brand To Create Emotion Through It's Products" - Georges Kern

"In the 1950s and 60s, they made the Ref 8171, which is a cult collectible—now that’s the ultimate Rolex you could own with a calendar and a moon phase.” - John Reardon

"Heh, heh, heh..." - Michael Kilyung
FremStar is offline   Reply With Quote