View Single Post
Old 25 April 2015, 12:10 PM   #84
powerband
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Any no holes case should have these same spring bars. Some may not have the flanges on them, but they should be double shouldered..

A Sub, or many pre 2001 cases may have "through hole lugs" cases (I believe this is what you meant). These have springbars that only have a single pivot at each end. (no shoulders). Thisetype of springbars is removed by using the shown "pin punch" end of the tool and, using the same holding technique, the spring-bars are compressed by pushing through the lug holes. The bracelet also may not have the slot in the back either since it is not necessary .........

Here are the three type of spring bars you will encounter. Through hole case, no hole case 2mm, and no hole case 1.8mm:
Great thread. Tools, I have a 1988 Datejust with a "through-hole lug" case. I tried to fit a pair of shoulderless lug bars (made for a sub with also a through-hole lug case). However, the shoulderless lug bars are too thick to fit through the OEM endlinks and the OEM bracelet. Are there shoulderless lug bars that are thinner than 2mm, made specifically for the Jubilee bracelet for the Datejust (with lug holes)?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
powerband is offline   Reply With Quote