Thread: Rolex v Omega
View Single Post
Old 17 October 2019, 10:04 AM   #33
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP View Post
My regular AD said something interesting the other day. That we “watch people” split into two camps. Either Rolex or Omega.
He does have both dealerships. So no axe to grind!
I’ve bought half a dozen Rolex’s but never really looked at Omega.
I appreciate this site is Rolex bias but I’m interested in how many of you also have Omega’s?
Although this is a Rolex forum, I think a lot of us here are watch enthusiasts in general. I have both, and TBH, I think I nerd out more over Omega. I also fancy Casio, go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
The two camp argument is played out.
Own them both and love them both. Omega is more enthusiast and less brand cachet oriented these days. Their horological history is significant and impressive.
These days Omega METAS movements and fit and finish is spectacular. I have owned both along the way but Omega has gravitated to a higher level recently in their METAS movements and watch construction. Their bracelets are now excelent with micro adjustment and their fit and finish is loupe worthy.

My most recent Omega acquisition this summer. This is their master chronometer planet ocean chronograph. The chronograph buttons can be pushed under the water and I have done so on many of dives so far. It is sub 1 second a week movement with or without the chronograph running and is using the superior dual barrel mainspring that regulates its power reserve more accurately thought out its entire range. Ceramic rotor bearings, etc... If your into movements that excels in every category then the cal.9900 is the movement.

The Omega vs Rolex rivalry is mainly kept alive by uneducated fanboys of each brand.
It’s not Ferrari or Porsche? The correct answer is both in the garage.

Mr Mystro, I find myself liking your posts quite a lot.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote