View Single Post
Old 9 July 2019, 06:10 AM   #125
T3F
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
I own multiple pieces of Nautilus and RMs.. IMHO I think the nautilus bubble will burst before RM’s. I don’t see how can a 5711 be worth that much. It’s just a steel watch with simple time n date function. Workmanship is only average considering the market price they are trading at I am comparing them to similarly priced pieces.
The Nautilus bubble is obscene. I have a 5711 and am adding a few more Nautilus pieces, but no way I'd pay the grey prices for them. I added a 5710P recently, and that and my 5711 in steel are worth within $15k of each other, which is absolutely ridiculous -- the Nautilus is nice, but the 5170P is at an entirely different level.

That being said, I don't think it's any worse than RMs going for double list, especially when we're talking about this meaning six-figure premiums. For what most popular "entry-level" time-and-date-only NTPT RMs are going for -- seems to be $200-250k from my brief research on C24 -- you can get high complication pieces from AP (a tourbillon AND a PC) or PP (5270P AND a 5711 on the grey market).

I think both bubbles will pop quite brutally, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.