View Single Post
Old 13 July 2019, 02:43 AM   #4
greanie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Most collectors get into the vintage arena looking for something nostalgic, good-looking and able to retain its value over time.

Vintage Rolex from the 1960s through the mid 1980s is where you will find most of the vintage models that collectors enjoy and collect. Most of these models have matte dials and transition to the glossy dials during the first half of the 1980s. (Many of the models on my list here came with both matte and glossy dials.)

Some of the models you could look at are:

Submariners - 5513, 1680, 5512, 16800
GMTs- 1675, 16750
Explorer - 1016 and Explorer II 1655
Sea Dwellers - 1665, 16660
Datejusts - several models/variations
Daytonas - several models

The Submariner 168000 is noticeably missing from my list! It really isn't considered vintage by most collectors and the prices have been rather stagnant for that model. It is similar to the Submariner 16610 except for the type of stainless steel used in the manufacturing process.

Im hoping to get into something that is "Special" to me . .. Birth year. Thats why i ask about a "000" sub. Im not after a vintage just for the name or the clout . . . or EVEN value. More after something that is significant to me.

I do appreciate the list you have provided . . . You have given me some Homework, such an oddity that i will enjoy this homework! , and i will be looking through these models to see if i change my mind on the "000".

THanks a bunch!!
greanie is offline   Reply With Quote