View Single Post
Old 14 July 2019, 11:59 PM   #53
qrc36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Sorry but from what it sounds like it isn't happening. I "put my name down" at almost every AD I could possibly on 3 continents in late 2017 before things got really crazy. No calls to date (though early 2018 I did get a few 5712R calls, which I declined.) Being on the "list" means very little if anything these days. It's all about the relationship which is some amorphous mix of how much you spend, how good looking you are, timing, etc.
Strangely I got two emails in Jan/Feb/March 2019 from AD in Switzerland (I've never purchased from them, I've never visited them in person) - to ask if I was still interested in the 5712 they have one in stock for me.

I emailed some of the Swiss ADs in 2017 asking for 5712 as I was (mistakenly) under the impression that it was really hard to get. I thought my email would go straight into the trash as they probably got enquiries like that all the time.

(I got my 5712 within a few months of putting my name down at WOS London in 2017, followed one week later by a phone call from my AD in Hong Kong with another 5712 offer.)
qrc36 is offline   Reply With Quote