Old 9 October 2012, 06:14 AM   #46
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wall Street
Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Hi guys

I've had this beast for a few weeks now and below you can see what i make of it....

some of the highlights for me...
  • Less is more
  • Light
  • Comfortable - this thing is unreal on the wrist, the many many 1/2 links make it hug the wrist
  • Good looking - see below for specifics
  • Under the radar - MOST important for me
  • Uncluttered - the dial is just as sweet as that of the 5167
  • Good lume
  • Resizing is easy - I got the version with bracelet screws as opposed to the pins which is a pain in the arse to work with

Look and feel in details....

When Patek designed the Nautilus both the aesthetic and the functional elements were given equal weight - nothing is left to chance here

Case, Dial, Hands, Lume, Bracelet and Polished Areas all work very well together and it's no wonder this in the world of horology is perceived as the Rolls Royce of sports watches - it truly is the masterpiece

the colours that make up the 5711 are white, black, blue and grey. They are all analogue and bind together extremely well.

Of all the watches I have owned and currently own, this is by far the best crafted of them all. I can't fault the 5711, not even the bracelet which I've always thought was a piece but resized properly it's a the dog's (see pics below for how i resized it)

A few snaps for everyone to look at...

hand in pocket shot. It goes with casual as well as office gear

the box it came in

sweet jesus look at this dial

looks great from all angles

very comfy bracelet

1.5 link to get a super fit

just stunning

so good looking you just have to stop in the street to snap it

next to its mate
OUTSTANDING! P. Diddy, welcome to the Nautilus club!

"A Watch Is An Emotional Object, And So, It Is The Responsibility Of The Brand To Create Emotion Through It's Products" - Georges Kern

"In the 1950s and 60s, they made the Ref 8171, which is a cult collectible—now that’s the ultimate Rolex you could own with a calendar and a moon phase.” - John Reardon

"Heh, heh, heh..." - Michael Kilyung
FremStar is offline   Reply With Quote