View Single Post
Old 18 March 2020, 04:12 AM   #2435
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Just from casual observation, it seems that the virus will spread alarmingly in cooler and or drier climates such as what you currently see in Italy, Spain, Iran, NE US...etc. Before Italy lockdown the country, the spread was very intense and quickly overwhelmed their healthcare system....so in time, the economy would be wrecked anyway because there would be so many sick that it couldn't function...same as seen in Spain. They let some parade happen and SHTF in the days after....oops.

Now in warmer, humid climates, it seems the virus isn't community spreading as quickly. Philippines, Singapore, HK...humidity over 70% and social distancing really seems to mitigate spread.

I was watching Florida very closely and the numbers were looking promising in terms of spread...then of course spring breakers came down and screwed it all up...so still need distancing, but maybe not as strict as the cooler, drier areas.

Maybe I'm wrong? IDK. The scientists won't come out and say high humidity is going to do the trick....but it kinda seems like it...

Human immune system works a bit better in warm weather and virus don't like humidity....

This Dr Guy talks about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAHhhweamIU&t=3

I am on a marathon conference call (was supposed to be in Atlanta for it) so I will check it out when I get off.

that said, you bring up a great point.

I have heard a lot of people talking about drinking a lot, or eating a ton, and all sorts of activities that lower the immune system.

is there a narrative out there that is telling people to exercise, get a lot of sleep, drink as much water as possible etc.?

I have not seen it. But that is because I am glued to the CNBC.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)