View Single Post
Old 18 March 2020, 08:51 AM   #2490
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
glad to hear you are doing this. I really don't see many people talking about it. which is weird to me on most days. but now even more so. I wonder if all the worried people are drowning their worries in booze or junk food. I wonder if they are moving around a little and exercising. I wonder if they are taking their vitamins and eating fruits and vegetables.

my wife is a health nut. I am reasonably healthy. but I do like to drink and this has been a great excuse, as I am normally very measured.

she gave me a heap of crap last night and she is right.

I take care of myself very well in most things. but I am going to kick it into high gear.

more yoga. more mediation. more water. more black coffee and more sleep. less booze.
Great to hear this. I've cut down coffee to one double-shot over ice in the morning (down from a quad-shot over ice and a cup of drip in the afternoon)! We definitely try to keep things healthy at home with the right balance of comfort foods. We might opt for delivery tonight from one of our favorite local ramen joints in the neighborhood cause hot soup and noodles just sounds good today.

I've started doing morning yoga with my fiance in the morning. She typically does this every morning and has a whole list of YouTuber's she follows that post daily routine videos. On meditation, I took a page out of her daily routine and downloaded an app called BreathWorks. It's been pretty handy with breathing exercises and "re-centering" yourself throughout the day. Between the crazy news, stock market, and putting out fires with some of the companies my firm owns, the breathing exercises have been very helpful the past few days!

I've been limiting drinking to one pour of scotch a night (albeit a generous pour!). Been alternating between Lagavulin Distillers Edition and Oban Little Bay this week. Thankfully the bar cart is very well stocked right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
I stopped going to the Gym last week, I found that exercise kept my breathing going. I live in the country and will take walks very early on a morning and I just bought a Concept II rower. I need to have some sort of structure otherwise my wellbeing will be affected.

I am luckier than some, I can get out into fields and live in a most beautiful part of England. Those living in urban areas and hi rise flats are the people I feel sorry for.
Awesome to hear this. That's probably the best piece of equipment you can buy for your home (in my humble opinion). I have a Concept II in my office and absolutely love it - machine will absolutely kick your *ss in all the right ways if you put the right effort into it. I was saying in another thread today, between having a full work setup and rowing machine in my office, I have no problem hunkering down for the long haul here!