View Single Post
Old 9 January 2018, 04:50 AM   #92
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilsofwar01 View Post
Hello and thank you for the heads up in regards to what has happened to you, Ive read most of what others have said and the following has been going around in my head...........

Has the Watch Maker got any CCTV, did you check the sellers I.D. and ask for some proof of ownership? prior to any purchase I always check with Rolex the serial number, some numbers are well know, and finally receipts, I draw one up as a disclaimer just in case its an insurance scam and would ask for proof of address and would photograph his drivers licence...... I understand that some of this can be falsified however it offers up a little damage limitation in the event of something going wrong and would hopefully put of a scammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
There is if you take it to RSC and ask for a repair or polish quote. They will first check if it stolen.
True, but an AD will not do it. You would have to drive down to Beverly Hills where I took my GMT to get that process started. There would have to be a lot of meeting of the minds for people to drive up to LA and allow them to start checking it without buying it. Slightly more complex than the comment suggested. Your suggestion is possible, but also difficult.
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote